When it comes to browsing the web on your smartphones (or tablets), not many trustworthy apps are available. Since Android powered smartphones already have embedded Google services, not many Android users try out alternatives, while others are too busy with their lives to give another app a chance. Those of you who have used Firefox on Windows PC, they will know how good this web browser is.Mozilla Firefox has been there for quite a long time now. It has withstood the test of time and today, it is regarded as one of the best desktop level web browsers.
About Mozilla Firefox-
Mozilla Firefox is a freeware, open sourced web browser developed by Mozilla. The first version of it was released in 2002, and since then it has been rereleased, redeveloped and redefined many times. Currently, version 54.0.1 has been released for Windows PC and Mac. It is loaded with a lot of features which make it loved and liked by many in the computing fraternity. When smartphones started to take over the portable computing/browsing genre, Mozilla spent no time in releasing the mobile versions of this App for Android and iOS. Hence, in 2009, Mozilla came up with Firefox for Android, and it was a huge step-up for the company because, with Firefox for Android,Mozilla entered the now-popular Android market.
About Firefox for Android-
Mozilla officially released this app for Android in 2011.Earlier, it was released as codename Fennec(in 2009). A few minor tweaks later, the full web browsing app was released for Android (for free) and just like its desktop sibling, it too became an instant success. Firefox is loaded with tons of features which make it loved by most of the Android users. It has also received an average score of4.4/5 on Google Play Store, and has been downloaded more than 2.5 million times. So, download Firefox for Android today and experience a faster, smarter way of accessing the web. With Firefox installed on your device, you will get a more safe, and secure browsing experience.
Features of Mozilla Firefox for Android-
- The address bar has an embedded search engine tool (which automatically searches for a word or phrase with the applied search engine). It displays the search history and predictive search for easier access.
- It has embedded shortcuts for popular websites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Amazon etc.
- Firefox includes an all new incognito mode for private browsing. So, feel free to use your web browser privately and safely. There also is a tracking protection included which makes your private browsing even more secure.
- You can use a single Mozilla account and sync your desktop, laptop, tablet and smartphone browsing data. It includes history, bookmarks, saved passwords, cookies and cache.
- There are a variety of add-ons for Fire fox.You can apply ad-blockers, keyloggers,download managers etc. to your browser.
- There is also an option to browse in full screen, which makes your web browser stretch for a better browsing experience.
- It even has the option of quickly sharing whatever you find on the web to Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp etc.
- The app is small in size and is a must have if you use internet on your Android device.
How to install Firefox for Android?
- Download the .APK file online and save it to a safe location on your device.
- Go to Settings -> Security Settings -> Tap on Enable Installation from Unknown Sources to enable it.
- Using a file manager, search for the .APK file and tap on it, then tap on install to begin the installation.
- You can also create a home screen shortcut to easily access the app.