uTorrent APK | Download uTorrent For Android
When it comes to downloading things from the internet, there are a lot of people who prefer using download engines, while some rely on the trivial method of using the embedded downloaders.Smart people prefer better alternatives, like BitTorrent. BitTorrent is a name quite familiar with the internet community, and another name that comes to one’s mind when it comes to torrents, us u Torrent (or ‘mu’ Torrent).
uT orrent is a tiny BitTorrent client developed by the Swedish programmer, Ludvig Strigeus. The service is owned by BitTorrent, and there are over 100 million users using u Torrent, today.The ‘mu’ in its name signifies how small this download client is, but it is also equally powerful.BitTorrent has other clients viz. Vuze and BitComet, but u Torrent is the lightest, fastest, and the most used download client among all three. It was first released around 2005, and since then it has been in use. Regular updates have made it well-compatible, more stable, and laden with more features. u Torrent, as the name suggests, supports Torrent files and downloading and managing those files becomes easy with it.
Also Check : More Android Apps
A parallel app was released for Android, a few years back, and just like its parent software application, uTorrent for Android was a big hit as well. uTorrent for Android followed the footsteps of the original uTorrent (and BitTorrent), and today, it has been downloaded more than 500 million times, and has been rated 4.5/5 on Google Play Store. Since it is free of cost, you need not worry about spending bucks on a Torrent app.
Some of the features of uTorrent for Android are-
- The interface is clean, with not a single fancy or pompous element. It has been designed in such a way that it means business. The small sized app houses a simple decent looking white background with green highlights. There is a taskbar panel which has options for settings, uTorrent Pro upgrade, and a music player. Yes, there is an embedded music player as well which keeps you entertained by playing local tracks.
- Magnet files or URLs can be directly accessed through the magnet icon found on the Torrent websites. You can also save the Torrent file and download it via uTorrent later on. So, download files very easily on your smartphone or tablet.
- The downloaded files can be shared very easily between devices with the help of uTorrent.It saves a lot of time, and it quite easy as well.
- Just like the original uTorrent, you can also limit bandwidth speeds. Downloading speeds and Uploading speeds can be capped using uTorrent.
- There are also some uTorrent bundled licensed partners. You can download music and videos directly from those partners.
- The files which you download using uTorrent, you also get options like – download only with Wi-Fi, andchoosing a location to save the downloaded file. You can also delete the torrents later on, or also delete the downloaded content as well with just a tap of screen.
- uTorrent is the best portable download engine for smartphones and tablets. It is not harsh on battery life, is light weight and fast, and it also does not occupy much of the storage space. So, do give it a shot!
Also Check : Download Vidmate for Android | 9Apps for Android
How to install uTorrent?
- Download the .APK file online.
- On your device, open Settings > Security Settings > Tap on Enable Installation from Unknown Sources to enable it.
- Using a file manager**, search for the .APK file and tap on it to install.
- You can also create a home-screen shortcut for faster access.
** If you do not have a file manager installed on your device, download one from our website.