Mobile computing is the new thing these days, thanks to smartphones. Smartphones can do almost every single activity which is/was done by computers. From voice calling to playing demanding games, or sending instant messages, smartphones can do it all.Because of such multi-usage capability, smartphones are equipped withfast processors, high RAM capacities, and more internal storage.This makes multi-tasking easier on smartphones, and they can be used for a wide variety of purposes.
When it comes to sending emails, people use different types of email services. Just like Windows users have Outlook, there is a variety of email services on Android and iOS as well. Yahoo also entered the emailing-apps pool with the introduction of Yahoo! Mail on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
About Yahoo! Mail-
Yaho o ! launched its emailing service back in 1997 viz. Basic,Plus and Ad Free, which are for personal use, and the other one is solely business use. The former services are free to use, while the latter one is a paid service. Yahoo also launched the Yahoo! Mail app on different mobile platforms (smartphones) and today, it is regarded as one of the best mobile email services out there.
Ya hoo! Mail for Android is a freeware general purpose emailing app, which allows you to sync all your email accounts into one single app. Unlike Gmail, Yahoo! Mail gives the users the freedom of using other non-Yahoo email accounts with Yahoo! Mail. The small size of the app makes it fast and is also easy to use. Some of the feature of Yahoo! Mail are stated below.
Features of Yahoo! Mail-
- First and foremost feature of Yahoo! Mail is that it allows you to use email accounts which do not belong to Yahoo. This is great because a single app will help you manageyour other email accounts as well.
- You can set your display theme from a variety of built-in themes.
- The cloud storage on Yahoo! Mail boasts of 1000GB of storage space, which is enough for most of the email services.
- You will get notifications from selected number of people as you have the option of flagging the important contacts.
- There is a well-optimized search option included as well, which allows you to search easily among your emails.
- You can attach up to 100MBas email attachment which includes PDFs, files, and photos.Normal attachment limit is 25MB, though.
- If the user does not access the appfor a long time, the login session gets expired. Thus, it is a step taken to improve the safety of the user account.
- It also provides spam and virus protection. Emails are sorted as per their precedence, and those ones which are suspected of containing malicious content, they are dealt with.
- You can connect your Dropbox and Google Drive to Ya hoo! Mail, which means more cloud storage!
- Ya hoo also features news content straight into the app. So, this single emailing app also becomes your news app.
- There is no need to use your passwords to log into your email accounts. Simply enable Account Key and use a pin code whenever you wish to login again.
- It even provides you with an inexpensive Yahoo! Mail Pro purchasable in-app.
- Yahoo! Mail has received positive reviews from users, and has been rated 4.3/5 in Google Play Store.
How to install ?
- Download the .APK file online.
- On your device, go to Settings > Security Settings > Tap on Enable Installation from Unknown Sources to enable it.
- Using a file manager, search for the downloaded .APK file and tap to install it.
- You can also create a home-screen shortcut for easier access.